Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cherry Blossoms!

I'm sure they've all blown away by now, but we were lucky enough to go see the cherry blossoms at the Tidal Basin with Emily and the boys. I was hoping to get some portraits of all the boys while we were there, but it was so cold and windy, we just took some pictures with the beautiful blossoms.

Photobucket

Poor little G-Man was in a coat that was a little too puffy and a little too tight. I snapped this shot with my iPhone. I giggled every time I looked at the poor little guy.


We had such an awesome walk, in spite of the chilly weather. The flowers were so beautiful and I was just thrilled to finally see the cherry blossoms. Even better, the chilly wind blew a lot of the clouds away and we got a totally different view of the flowers and the Tidal Basin as we walked back to the car.

Craziest memory of the day - we parked at Arlington Cemetery and walked over the river to get to the Tidal Basin. On the way to the Tidal Basin, the wind was at our backs. But on the way back, it was whipping right in our faces. And the boys' faces. Between the cars on the bridge and the wind, we could barely hear them or each other. We'd stop to ask if they were okay and they'd cry/whine even harder. We just decided to trudge on. We were going to eat some sandwiches Emily had packed when we got back to the car, but instead we just stopped under a pine tree right by the busy street and ate lunch. And I got to see G-Man eat a sandwich for the first time. Again, I thought it was hilarious and took a picture with my phone.


I took a lot of pictures when we were at the Tidal Basin, but as we were sitting at a stoplight, I had to take just one more.



But I like this one better.

Cherry Blossom Festival - 6

Sorry to double post again, but there are more photos here on the photography blog and here in one of my SmugMug galleries.

7 comments:

rebecca said...

What a pretty final photo! How crazy that just a few days ago it was in the 90's there. Thank heavens it wasn't humid, but yes, most of the blossoms are gone. They look breathtaking in full bloom near the Washington Monument!

Nana said...

Whoa! That last picture is stunning! Guess I will have to put the cherry blossoms on my bucket list.

Shelley said...

You are so talented Macy! Are you selling any prints yet??

ARK said...

I miss DC SO much!! Thank you for the wonderful pics!! They bring back memories!

Britt said...

that last one is absolutely stunning! i sure miss that place!

Super Kimmie said...

Wow! That last picture is AMAZING! So beautiful - great picture.

Whitney said...

Agreed. The last picture is RIDICULOUS! Ok -- so I just watched American Idol...didn't love Adam tonight. Danny was my favorite, Kris 2nd.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin