Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow

It basically hasn't stopped since Friday afternoon. (Well, maybe it's stopped now. I haven't looked outside in a while.) G-Man wanted to go outside this afternoon, so we bundled up and went out. Our primary objective was to find the Sunday paper, but we were unsuccessful. (I did see it for a brief moment when our driveway was plowed later in the evening, but it was swept into the huge pile of snow along our driveway. We'll find it in April.)

To give you a better idea of what we are dealing with in terms of amounts, I'll give you some visual comparison.

These shots were taken Friday at 3:00 p.m. - just as the storm was starting up:

Photobucket

These shots were taken this afternoon at about 4:30 p.m.:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

See the snow around our huge Christmas lights? That should give you some idea. And some of that snow has melted because we had the lights on for a while last night. It's crazy. I couldn't believe G-Man could walk in the snow. It was higher than his knees in some spots. But he valiantly followed Diggity around and dug some holes with his little sand shovel. The best part was when Diggity flopped on his back and made a snow angel and then G-Man did the same. (The camera was safe and dry back in the house. It was still snowing, so I took all of these shots from the garage.)

Every winter we are here is crazier than the last. Hopefully we'll be able to venture out tomorrow. Wish us luck. Here are a few more from today. (Including two I tried a new edit on. Not sure if I like it. I was trying to work with the blur I was getting from the snow falling and G-Man's constant motion. I'm just going to have to switch over to shutter priority mode to take pictures of him from now on...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Happy Heidi said...

Macy - Your photos are just so gorgeous. They have totally inspired me. I love the colors and everything you capture. I have got to buy that book and start experimenting. These snow pictures are something, huh?

LL said...

can you believe this 3 day storm...AMAZING!
cute pictures, as always...i love looking at your work.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin