Wednesday, May 7, 2008

American Idol - Top 4 Results

This is going to be interesting. Many millions of votes last night. Go home, Jason!
  • The kids sing "Reelin' in the Years" by the Doobie Brothers. (By the way, I correctly identified the band before Diggity did. That has pretty much never happened before.) They did pretty well. I liked the solos. I thought the guitarist coming out from backstage while they ran upstairs was fun.
  • Recap package from last night.
First Results:
David Archuleta is on the stage first. Yahoo!! I feel like this pretty much guarantees his safety, but I could be wrong. Ah, but I'm right. He's safe!! I think I voted 30 times.

The kids get to go home next week. We read in the Deseret News that Murray High already has a big shindig planned for David Archuleta. And he will be singing the National Anthem at the Jazz-Lakers game.
  • The kids got to go to Las Vegas last weekend to see "Love" at the Mirage. It's the new Beatles/Cirque de Solei show. Mayhem ensuing as they try to walk into the hotel. I'm trying to remember if they have ever done anything like this. They got makeovers before the show. David A. doesn't look any different. I really want to see this Cirque show. It looks amazing.
Next Set of Results:
David Cook is out next. I'm not sure if this is good or not. Tricksy Ryan could be up to something. I just breathed a huge sigh of relief. He's safe. Both Davids are through to the top three.

Jason and Syesha are the bottom two. Seacrest acts like he is going to read the results and Jason looks truly befuddled. That was hilarious. Of course Seacrest isn't reading the results now. We're only halfway through the show!
  • "Ring of Fire" for the Ford commercial. They are matadors with a Ford Mustang chasing them. Those are the most horrible outfits I've ever seen.
  • Here come the calls. Boo doop, boo doop!
  • Maroon 5 is performing. Normally I would fast forward a performance, but I dig Maroon 5. I also dig this song. Diggity is marveling at Adam Levine's falsetto. His head voice is crazy good. They're heading out on tour coming to a town near you.
  • Bo Bice is going to sing. I will not be watching this. Boo doop! I'm not a fan. He's a good singer and all...but I'll just watch the interview. Bo has a new album. Bo gives advice to the AI kids - tells them to practice.
Final Results:
Here we go....is Jason going home? Please? Turns out Jason did pack his bags. He just said this to Ryan, "Somebody told me yesterday that I Shot the Tambourine Man. Heh, heh, heh."

Whew! Thank you! Jason is going home! Huge sigh of relief. I'm celebrating you home with Ruben! This is the best highlight reel EVER. He's hilarious.

Even better was the exchange with Ryan as Jason was getting ready to sing -
Ryan: You almost look like you're relieved.
Jason: A little. There are three songs next week. I don't know what I would have done. Heh, heh.

He's having a GOOD time singing "I Shot the Sheriff" tonight. Much more personality than last night. Or much more of something else...

1 comment:

Jo said...

My comment is more of a question and not American Idol related. I'm new to your blog site(just over a month now) and I realize that everyone else most likely knows the story, but I was wondering how Neil became "Diggity"? Just curious. I told Adam we needed cooler nick names than just Ad & Jo. We came up with A-dub & J-liz. We are sooo lame :-)

Thanks- Joann P.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin