Wednesday, March 19, 2008

American Idol Report - Top 11 Results

We're going stream of consciousness again this week. I'm watching on the Tivo again, but I let it get a pretty big headstart just in case the bottom three sing their lame songs again.
  • Mentors for the season - Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey, and Andrew Lloyd Webber (ummm....I'm not sure about that one. But I smell a Broadway week on the horizon! Woo hoo!)
  • They're doing the songwriting contest again. I guess that is a good idea, but the winning song really skewed the competition in favor of Jordan Sparks last year.
  • Not a fan of the medley. In fact, I started zipping through it with the Tivo. Weird formations and craziness with the camera shots. Oh well. Gotta practice for the tour.
  • And here's last night's recap...boodoop, boodoop! (That's the sound our Tivo makes when I press fast forward. I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right, but that's my best guess.)
First Group of Results:
Brooke White is....in the top 10!!! GO BROOKE!!
Carly Smithson is...in the bottom 3! "What?!?" (That was an actual quote from me.)
David Archuleta is...in the top 10!!! GO DAVID!!
Michael Johns is...in the top 10. Meh. I'm not so much a fan. And he did sing the wrong song.
  • Wow. I liked the behind the scenes of the Ford music video more than the actual Ford music video.
More Results:
David Cook is...in the top 10. Figures.
(They are going through these results super fast. I'm not sure why. Are we leaving more time for Kellie Pickler? For the call-in segment?)
Kristy Lee Cook is...in the bottom 3. Thank goodness.
Jason Castro is...in the top 10. All the little girls love the dreds.
Ramiele Malubay is...in the top 10. (Ramiele - make sure to thank the producers for putting you last in the lineup last night!)
  • I really hate, hate, hate this call in segment. The only interesting thing is watching Ryan run the live call in screen. If they would let the callers talk to the kids, it might be more interesting. But Ryan keeps picking the questions for the judges. And we really don't need to hear any more talking from the judges.
  • I did like Kellie Pickler when she was on Season 5. She's cute. Silly - but cute because she always is herself. I don't want to hear her sing though. Boodoop, boodoop!
  • American Idol Gives Back preview - showing us how the money that was raised last year is helping others. It's Elliot Yamin and Fantasia in Africa! I love both of them. Elliot's album is killer. And Fantasia's rendition of "Summertime" is probably one of my top 5 performances from any season of AI.
  • Awww...this mommy is going to name her baby Elliot. Cute. Look at him grin with those new teeth! Thank goodness we got those fixed. Mercy.
Last Group of Results:
Syesha Mercado is....in the top 10. (You need to thank the producers too. For your song and for your spot in the lineup.)
Chikezie is....in the top 10.
Amanda Overmyer is....in the bottom 3. (See how the first two people that sang last night ended up in the bottom 3? Isn't that crazy?)

Carly is safe. Like we didn't know that already. Please. She might end up as a shock elimination later in the season, but not tonight.

Kristy is safe. "Arrrgghhhhh!! No justice in the world!" (My quote again.)

Amanda is going home. Now all the people over at Vote for the Worst are going to start voting for Kristy Lee Cook and she may end up knocking someone out that can actually sing. Bah... The only upside to this is that Amanda is genuinely one of the bottom two. She's often pitchy and I don't think her voice would make it much longer. And let's hear it for only the person going home having the opportunity to sing! I only want to listen to Kristy twice in one week when she is finally sent home. Whenever that may be.

Well, there's your tour cast! I've never been to an AI tour (though I've seen Clay Aiken and Kelly Clarkson and I have been to the SYTYCD tour), but I might actually go see David Archuleta and Brooke White.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin