Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Finales - SYTYCD and otherwise

I can't really give a full report on tonight's SYTYCD performance finale. I'm currently in Austin, Texas with my family, and we were at dinner for most of the show tonight. I'm trying to download videos from Rickey.org, but the internet here at the hotel is ridiculously slow. So, let me recap a bit:

  • I'm glad they kept Billy around a second week, because I loved his dances during the second top 6 performance week.
  • Jose was on the show for way too long.
  • I still miss Alex, but I'm following him on Twitter (@alexdwong), so that helps a little.
  • I love all-star Allison Holker. I like all of the all-stars, but she's my favorite and I'm so glad she's going to be on the tour.
  • Cat Deeley has had a pretty good clothing/hair run this season. Only a couple of truly wacky nights.
  • I'm glad Mia and Adam are permanent judges. I thought I would miss Mary, but I really don't.
  • I am thrilled Adechike was sent home last week. I've been hoping that would happen for a LONG time.
  • Such an AWESOME top three! I saw the final number and the recaps, and I really can't wait to watch the whole thing. I hope I get to see the finale tomorrow night.
The end of SYTYCD means the end of the summer. Which usually means I should be getting ready for school. Except, I'm not. Instead of that typical beginning, we have another finale coming up in our family's life. Which is why we're in Austin, Texas. We're moving here next month. I'm excited for a new adventure, but I'm really going to miss New England. I'll try to get through it by blogging some of the things I'm going to miss over the next little while.

We do have one more finale in our family - the finale of G-Man being the youngest in our family. We're having a baby in January. And we get to find out what we are having in just a couple weeks. Can't wait! If you haven't seen the video we sent out as an announcement, click here.

5 comments:

Dana said...

I guess one good thing about you moving is that you might have more time to blog. I've missed your useless facts.

scooping it up said...

Dear dear Macy - this is a huge loss to New England and to the stake, and to me personally. Afterall, now who is going to take pics of my whole family when Johnny gets out of the hospital???

Good luck to you and I can't wait to see the next Robison genius join the world.

Love from the whole Hopkin fam.

PS. If you have to move to TX, Austin is the place to go. I really like it there. It's like a little waterhole of liberalism and trees. A piece of Boston maybe. ;)

Yvonne said...

I loved the video and am soooooooo excited about having another grandbaby. Can't wait to hear whether it's a boy or a girl.

Kayla said...

You have an adorable blog. Congrats on the new bundle. Can't wait to keep reading about it. Love the announcement video.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

CB said...

I'm new to your blog. I found you from another blog. I like your style already :)
Congrats on a new grandbaby - The video was great - such a cute idea!
btw I am your newest follower!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin