Before we begin, I have to say that I'm enjoying the new judge so far. I have some contestants I'm rooting for. And my favorite moment to this point was when Ryan tried to high five the blind kid. It was mainly the look on Ryan's face when he realized what he had done and the very kind, totally understanding look on the face of the blind kid.
On with the show!
- Holy crowd shot outside the Delta Center. Good grief! That's a lot of blonde hair, white teeth and Shade shirts in one camera shot.
- The pregnant moms waiting for Simon is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.
- We're leading with David Osmond! Big guns first! (P.S. One of my favorite photographers in Utah posted a photo session she did with David this week. Check it out here.) Sad that David has MS too. I had no idea. He sounded good. They really gave him a hard time for that Golden Ticket.
- Yeouch. Goth girl is making me sad. Curly haired lip licking guy was scary too. Why is American Idol such a freak magnet? And the kid with the pink bunny suit? Come on!
- Go Utah! I love this politeness, happy people theme that is going through the episode.
- Totally rooting for dreadlock girl. I'm crying right now watching her backstory. And her voice reminds me of Natalie Merchant, who I love. She does need to amp up the vocals, but she's adorable.
In other news, we had another snow day today. I'll post some pictures of G-Man having a wonderful time "helping" Diggity shovel later. And I'm spending most of my time trying to make sure my songs are memorized for my cabaret show this Friday. I'm very, very close. If I'm feeling particularly brave and saucy, I may post a video clip for you. But I don't feel brave and saucy very often, so best not to count on it. :)