Friday, August 1, 2008

Carousel - Texas

Our first day in Texas, we went to lunch at a huge mall with a full size carousel inside.  After a delicious meal from Sonic (oh, grilled chicken wrap with tater tots and a Route 44 Diet Coke with Vanilla - how I miss you), G-Man and I went to check out the carousel.




What I didn't photograph was 3 minutes after these pictures were taken when he started crying and didn't want to sit on the horse anymore. Or for the subsequent minutes that I tried to convince him to stay on the horse, thinking that if the old man running the carousel would just START THE STUPID THING ALREADY instead of letting people who were in line for the token machine get on the ride. Ultimately, I just got him off the horse and held him as we went around on the carousel. He kind of liked it, but I didn't dare try again.

(Note to self - when riding a carousel, please look at the people watching you instead of looking at your son or the horse's face. You won't get quite so sick to your stomach.)

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love the pictures. I would just LOVE to know what he's thinking in that last picture.

Macy said...

Me too. I love that shot.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin