Monday, July 14, 2008

He Likes to Climb

The other day, I was trying to catch up on answering e-mail after being out of town for so long. I turned an episode of "Little Einsteins" on for G-Man so he was occupied for 20 minutes. (He loves this show and I couldn't be more thrilled. He pats and claps and dances through the whole show. And he says "Eins" when he sees the characters. I don't think he can count in German - yet - so I feel it is his brilliant way of saying "Einsteins.") He was playing with his toys and when I looked up to check on him, I saw this:

Yes, that is his toy bin. I think he is sitting on one of the corners of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. It can't be comfortable...

His love of climbing has been growing for the past few weeks. He spent a lot of time climbing on and off the couch in our condo in Maui. Then, there was the moment after Alice's blessing a couple weeks ago when we all turned and saw this:




Yes, that is Alice's bouncy seat. He hasn't been in one of those for at least 6 months. Maybe longer. I don't even know how he managed to get in there.

In addition to the climbing, he's been sitting on every object that crosses his path. (Including me.) He has crushed a few boxes and even tried to sit on one of our Guitar Hero guitars. (That was the last straw. Don't mess with Guitar Hero peripherals.) We went to Target on Saturday and found him a chair. He tried it out in the aisle and loved it and was delighted to get it home.

I'm not sure what he is watching, but it must be good

Eating crackers and watching some TV

Added bonus - he can climb on his new chair and get up on the couch. His favorite thing is to sit in his dad's spot on the couch. He pretends to talk on the phone and tries to get the remotes from me. It's almost like Diggity is home. :) Just kidding. Diggity talks on the phone for real when he is home.

I can't believe how fast this kid is growing up. We're having such a good time.

3 comments:

Neal said...

Great pics. However, is this whole - sitting and watching TV a comment on his parents lifestyle? ; )

Macy said...

Nah...maybe if he had been sitting, watching TV and typing on a laptop. THEN he'd be acting out his parents' lifestyle. :)

Karyn Mann said...

Garrett is getting big... and still as cute as ever. Let me know when you plan to be back in the city... I heard August sometime.
BTW, for some reason, just in the last few months I have become a major blog stalker. It might be a problem. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin