Saturday, April 19, 2008

G-Man Birthday Report

G-Man had an excellent birthday yesterday. After our game of catch, we had a nice breakfast and then G-Man took a nap. After his nap, we went to Qdoba for lunch so G-Man could have his favorite quesadilla. We ran an errand in Worcester after lunch and ended up driving by the hospital where G-Man was born. Even more odd - we drove by the hospital at the exact time I would have been in the operating room having my C-section.

After his afternoon nap and a quick trip to the grocery store, we had some friends come over to celebrate G-Man's birthday with us. Our Robison cousins came over to have cake with us and so did G-Man's girlfriend J and her family. J was born two days after G-Man and as their parents, we have decided they will be getting married.

G-Man and J playing with our cousin E

We opened some presents - G-Man got a scrapbook of his girlfriend from J's family, some Baby Einstein books from our Robison cousins. He also got a couple books, some counting maracas, a Red Sox outfit and a Little People dump truck from Diggity and I.

While G-Man was playing with the dump truck and his other toys, we got some video of his evil laugh. Enjoy. (At least we know he liked his presents!)



Time for cake! Here is a picture of the cake before:

Cake, presents, and some birthday cards.
(The cake was not initially supposed to be fancy or decorated at all. I found out when I was about to bake the cake that I don't own round cake pans. So, I used two 8x8 square pans and carved the edges off the top layer before frosting it. I felt like Duff from Ace of Cakes for about 30 seconds. Then when I got done frosting the cake, it looked like a building block. We had some red frosting left over from the dessert party cookie decorating and presto! Building block! In an odd coincidence, the food and wrapping paper matched. I had red sprinkles for the cupcakes and we also had strawberry shortcake. I wish I could say I planned the red and white theme, but I didn't.)

We stripped the boy down to his diaper and socks, but a tarp under his high chair, lit the candle and sang happy birthday to him. He looked unsure about why 10 people were singing to him, but he liked it by the end of the song.

Then the cake destruction began. He grabbed it right away, but wasn't sure about the frosting that ended up on his fingers. I helped him by giving him a taste of cake and then he understood what he was supposed to do.



After a picture with Diggity and I...

...and a bath and some more playing time with his girlfriend...

...it was time to end the party and for the birthday boy to go to bed. The end of an excellent birthday.

In other birthday news, G-Man's cousin Alice was born last night at about 9:00 p.m. in Utah. G-Man has a birthday buddy! Alice has lots of black hair and looks like her sister Macy when she was born. I don't know the rest of the stats, but I'll let you know when I know. Alice's mom Molly is doing well and is recovering nicely, but they had to take Baby Alice to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake a couple hours after she was born. She had good Apgar scores, but couldn't get a good cry out after she was born. While they were checking her in the nursery, they realized that there was some sort of blockage in her nasal area, and she couldn't breathe through her nose. They need to get it fixed so she will be able to eat and sleep. Molly said that she was holding Alice while they were waiting for the ambulance and Alice would relax and start to fall asleep and shut her mouth and then she couldn't breathe and would get mad and wake up. I don't have any more details at this point, so in the meantime we're sending lots of good thoughts and prayers in their direction.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Looks like he had a great birthday.

I sure hope all is well with baby Alice.

Yvonne said...

By the way, the video says "it's not available"??? (Just thought you might want to know)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin