Sunday, January 13, 2008

Photoshop Experiment No. 1

I've always been fascinated with photography. It's my favorite visual art medium. Over the years, I've done the best I could with my little point and shoot cameras, but I wasn't able to get the kind of results I like.

Until now.

I was inspired to start playing around with Photoshop after reading some photography posts over at the Pioneer Woman's website. (Go read her blog. She's hilarious. Well, finish reading mine first and then go over there.)

I was looking through our vast family photo collection and came across this picture:

This picture was taken in Concord at the Old North Bridge. Molly, Jason, and Macy Liz came to visit for a week to help out after G-Man was born. The only problem was, when they got here, G-Man hadn't arrived yet. So, instead of helping take care of the baby, everyone decided it would be a good idea to take me out on a short field trip every day so I didn't go completely crazy since I had been on bed rest for more than 2 weeks at that point. We found activities where I could walk very short distances - hoping that the walking would inspire G-Man to make an appearance. It didn't work. He's kind of stubborn to this day.

Anyway - Molly really liked this picture of the three of them, but I remember her saying that she liked this picture and would have probably framed it if the picture was zoomed more on them and that those random people in the background weren't there.

When I came upon the picture, I remembered what she said and started playing around with it in Photoshop. I came up with this:

I framed it and gave it to Molly for Christmas. I was pretty excited about it. I've been taking some pictures of G-Man without the flash on my camera. When I'm done playing around with the pictures, I'll post some I like here.

Here's the side by side comparison:


Nice! Photoshop rules.

5 comments:

Molly said...

I was very excited that you remembered what I said about this photo. We love it. J being the history nut that he is, loves having a picture of just us on the bridge!

Ace said...

How fun. I don't have Photoshop and am somewhat jealous. :) The pic looks great.

Yvonne said...

Wow--good good for you. I'll be looking forward to seeing other pics.

Macy said...

Thanks everybody! Molly - I'm glad you liked it. Of course I remembered what you said. :)

*carrie* said...

Macy,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I love what you did with this photo! What a thoughtful gift.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin