Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dancing Through Life

G-Man first started dancing in my tummy at about this time last year. I was conducting my select chorus at the Massachusetts State House rotunda and we were waiting to sing again, listening to the band when G-Man started kicking really fast as a drum solo started. I started laughing and the choir thought I had gone cuckoo for a minute. I pointed to my stomach and started making kicking motions with my hands. They thought it was pretty funny too.

I know that all kids like music, but he has exceptionally good taste. For example, I was flipping channels the other night and Wynton Marsalis was on PBS with his jazz orchestra doing a Christmas concert from Lincoln Center. He stopped what he was doing and just stared at the TV. We sat together and watched the concert for about 25 minutes. I was astounded. He also enjoys watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and when Paul Potts (Britain's Got Talent winner) was on Oprah, he was watching very intently - except for when he turned around to make sure I was watching.

He's dancing again. This time to Diana Krall's "Jingle Bells." He's sitting on the floor bouncing as he plays with his Nativity set. Excellent taste, this kid.

Since I don't have a picture of him dancing, this will have to do:


3 comments:

Yvonne said...

And...he loves to sing with the Tabernacle Choir. I heard him!!! He is gifted, but that should come as no surprise. All that and he's so cute ; )

Michelle said...

I just can't get over how cute he is! Make sure you let me know when you get to Utah. If I don't get to see G-man in person I won't be able to stand it! And, oh yeah, I want to see you too. :)

Shelly Bean said...

your little guy is so cute. so happy!!
i am so excited for mine to come... yeah..funny that kathy and i are now having ours together...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin