Saturday, September 22, 2007

Apple Picking


If you ever find yourself in New England in the fall, you should definitely go apple picking. We live west of Boston and there are a multitude of family farms nearby where you can buy a bag and pick your own apples. You get to ride in a tractor to where the apples are the most ripe and then they turn you loose to fill your bag. The farm I like to frequent also has a pumpkin patch, a corn maze, a children's playground and petting zoo and a delicious bakery. I'm a sucker for the fresh apple cider donuts. I discovered today that I am also a sucker for the apple filled cookies.


In celebration of Diggity and Panda's birthdays, we went apple picking today. G-Man had a better time than I thought he would. Every time I got close to a tree, he tried to pull the branches and leaves off the tress and tried reaching for the apples.


Most surprising was how much he loved sucking on the apple we taste tested. Every time I tried to take it away, I got yelled at.



And, of course we had to take pictures of G-Man in the pumpkin patch.




Happy Autumn everyone!

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

The picture of G-man in the pumpkin patch could have been on my Happy Fall page if I hadn't posted it last night. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Love the new look of your blog.

Yvonne said...

By the way, not that I didn't love the other pictures--that goes without saying, but maybe I should say it anyway ; )

Sarah Jane said...

ok...so ken and I went to a new place in Provo..."nicolaitalia" owned and run by a true bostonian, who actually lived a few years in shrewsbury. BEST italian pizza we've had since were in the North End, and MAN!!!! We miss it!!! we are meant to be in mass...I mean it! save us some apples!

Ace said...

I love that last picture. One of the cutest I've seen. Ever. Oh, BTW, I just got called as the RS Chorister. I thought of you today.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin