Thursday, June 28, 2007

So it begins...

One thing I do almost daily is check the blogs of my friends, along with a few other blogs I enjoy. I'm not sure what it is I love so much about it - perhaps it is the opportunity to learn more about others, or being able to keep track of what is going on with family and friends when I feel so far away from them sometimes. Whatever the reason, this blogging thing is so much a part of my day, I thought I should begin keeping my own.

So, here is the place where you will find the news on our little Robison family, and pictures of our adventures and of how the G-Man is growing and changing on a daily basis.

(Speaking of the G-Man...he was a bit frustrating this morning. He woke up at 2:30 a.m. for the first time in weeks and was hungry. Then woke up again at 5:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep until I brought him downstairs and put him in his swing. Now I can't go to sleep. I post this picture to remind me that he really is adorable:)

This picture was taken last week with his new afghan that Grandma Yvonne made for him. He's growing and changing so much every day. It's truly a blast hanging out with him.


Just to see the change, this picture was taken when he was 30 minutes old. That whole hospital experience and drama is such a distant memory. Bringing him home and him losing weight again. Waking him up every 3 hours to eat the weekend everyone was here for his blessing. It seems like such a long time ago.

My other computer activity this morning has been checking the news in Utah. Two former students that just graduated from AF High School were in a car accident in Idaho a few days ago. One was killed, the other is still in the hospital. I knew the one in the hospital much better - he's an amazing pianist and composer. Apparently, there were breaks in his hand, but no nerve damage. What has been interesting to see for me is the way the kids are reacting to the death of their friend and student body president. They are posting comments on Facebook and comforting each other and are obviously upset, but it is inspiring to see the ones that are really clinging to the Gospel right now and trying to move through this from that perspective. I'm always proud of "my kids," but I'm especially proud of them and who they are and how they are taking care of each other this week. My condolences to the Landeens - especially Syd - and I, along with everyone else in AF, am still praying for Jonathan.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin