Thursday, July 16, 2009

SYTYCD - Top 10 Results Show

Group Number ("So Much Betta" by Janet Jackson)
Super cool Japanese inspired hip hop number. I guessed it was Wade Robson when it started. I win! Loved that Melissa was hip hop dancing in toe shoes. That was striking and cool and I loved it.

Did Cat comb her hair? Is that a shirt or a dress?

Emmy Nominations are out! SYTYCD gets four nods -
"Mercy" (the door routine danced by Katee & Twitch) choreographed by Mia Michaels
"Bleeding Love" - Chelsie & Mark's OUTSTANDING hip hop choreographed by Tabitha & Napoleon
The Adam and Eve routine that Tyce Diorio choreographed for Will and the red headed girl
The tango that Dmitry choreographed for Chelsie & Joshua
Hair and makeup got nominated too.

Does this mean Cat was robbed yet again as best reality host? I just checked. She was. Tom Bergeron - really? Come on, Emmy voters. I'm glad that Padma & Tom over on my "Top Chef" were nominated, but I still say Cat got robbed. And was Project Runway even on this year?

I'm done. Thanks for letting me vent.

Girls Results:
Janette is...safe. That's great.
Randi is...in the bottom 3. I think that's fair after last night.
Jeanine is...safe. Excellent.
It's between Kayla and Melissa.
And Kayla's safe. Boo. Melissa is in the bottom 3. I don't want either of them to go home.

Guys Results:
Jason is...safe.
Evan is...safe. Fabulous.
Kupono is...in the bottom 3. Excellent.
(Emily has a theory - Randi and Melissa were the only two wearing different outfits from their solos last night. Kupono was obviously wearing a different outfit from last night.)
It's down to Brandon & Ade.
Ade is in the bottom 3. If Ade goes home instead of Kupo-NO, I'm going to be miffed.

Solos:
They're doing the same solos as last night to bid us farewell.
  • I think Debbie had the same hairstylist as Cat tonight. But I love her. I love the fight she had with Mary about how she's over the paso doble. I agree. I agree. Randi is pretty.
  • Kupono is doing his crazy dance from last night in different clothes. I SO hope it's him. Cat - please don't worship at his fashion altar. You've been doing so well with your dresses lately. Aside from tonight. That shiny dress, bad hair and Wet 'n Wild pink lipstick isn't working for me.
  • Melissa is pretty too. Good critique from Debbie on her solo. She needs to take more risks.
  • Ade is doing his crazy, frantic solo. I hope they say something to him. This solo is the only reason I didn't have him in my top group.
The Black Eyed Peas. They really have been great supporters of the show. And now we know where the floating confetti that has appeared throughout the show was coming from.

Final Results:
Girls first. I'm upset either way. Randi is going home. Utah couldn't save her. Durnit. She's so cute. I really hope they do the Mia Michaels butt number on tour. I love that one.

If it's not Kupono, we're going to be really upset here. THANK GOODNESS!! It's Kupono. Quote from Emily, "What a skanky in a hanky shirt." Emily is hilarious. I'm glad he shaved his head. And I'm excited to see the addiction dance on tour.

I'm not happy about Randi, but based on last night, I really think that was the right result. I'm obviously thrilled that Kupono is gone. What do you guys think?

4 comments:

ARK said...

Is it weird that I want to meet Emily? :)

I love your reality blogging-thanks! :)

Stacie said...

I'm totally fine that Kupono went home (happy actually!). But Randi... :( I love that girl! I agree that based on last night it was right, but I also think Debbie was right when she said there can be casualties of certain dances. I'm kind of over the paso doble, too. And I said the same thing about Cat to Kyle. We were both like, "what is she wearing? and did she comb her hair?" I still adore her though and yes, she was ROBBED!!!

Molly said...

I'm so sad Randi is gone. I wish she would have gotten a different dance AND a different partner. Kipono would have gone tonight no matter what and he dragged Randi down with him. I too am glad he shaved his head. When they started his highlight reel J and I both commented on his crazy hair. We'd both forgotten.

And Cat was totally robbed!

scooping it up said...

i should not have come here. i am on vacay and my family doesn't have TV, i have it all DVRd at home. i couldn't stay away! can't wait to watch the dances latah. YAY kupono gone!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin